Welcome to the We Are Family magazine library.
We'll be adding to our library with articles from our back catalogue, features from newly published magazines, and exclusive online content - so check back often to see what's new! Check out our sections below.
For anyone thinking about starting an 'alternative' family, whether it's still just a thought, an idea to consider or your decision has been made and it's time to explore your options and take positive steps forward - this section is for you.
> go to planning
This section's for anyone bringing up a child or children, whether that's part or full time - practical advice on sleeping, eating, behaviour and the highs and lows of being part of a family. Shared stories, places for support, activity suggestions, events, and more!
> go to parenting
Family is not just about parenting and babies - it's about being part of the LGBT community, it's about who you decide is your family, or it's about having a child or a parent, a brother, sister or other family member who is LGBT even if you aren't - this section's all about helping you understand better, offer support, feel informed, know the history, be proud!
> go to family & community
Our Consulting Room experts have many years experience and tons of skills and expertise to offer when answering your family and legal queries. Whether it's a legal issue, relationship or parenting problem, we can help.
> go to consulting room
Our reference section: browse our useful lists of agencies, contacts, support & information sources - all designed to help you get the knowledge you need for your family journey.
> go to resources
Video of the month
Every month we choose a new video to share on our home page. Find the back catalogue here!
> go to video of the month archive
Last 30 Posts
- Creating families through surrogacy – gay style
- Raising awareness for LGBT adoption & fostering
- Calling all kinds of loving families
- Count yourself in to fostering
- Proud 2 Be
- Gender-neutral parenting: an in-depth guide
- Parental orders: a vital step for families following surrogacy
- From profoundly deaf to normal hearing at the age of 1
- My faith and being gay
- Exploring Quakerism
- Types of fostering placements
- Applying to foster: the process
- Becoming a foster carer, 11 myths demystified
- The rewards of becoming a foster carer
- In-depth guide to foster caring
- Worldwide surrogacy: an update
- Up close and personal with Sue Sanders, founder of LGBT History Month
- Getting fresh in the flesh: fresh sperm vs defrosted frozen sperm
- First-time Mama, second time Mama… One lesbian mum’s intrepid baby weaning story
- Same family, different schools
- Unexpected lessons
- From Beyond the Couch
- Interview with Susan Golombok
- Sperm donors: anonymous or not?
- Gender-neutral pronouns
- Calling two mummies
- Mother Mother: a circus performance exploring lesbians’ experiences of becoming mothers
- Committing to the politics of awareness
- LGBT adoption: jargon buster
- The adoption process in 10 steps
Archives by Month:
Archives by Subject:
- Back issue content
- Consulting Room
- Family & Community
- video of the month
- We Are Family